While I am not a parent, I am one who values public education and recognizes its critical importance in facilitating the lifelong success of individuals. As a resident of Springboro, OH, I have been very disappointed in the actions of the Springboro Board of Education (BOE). Particular members of the BOE have voted for and/or promoted policies that are grossly detrimental to the community. These include, but are not limited to, wasteful spending, unfair labor practices, and unconstitutional instruction. Along with many other community members, I have shared my concerns at the BOE meetings. Unfortunately, it appears that the majority community voice falls on deaf ears. Additionally, blatantly erroneous information has been provided by members of the BOE in their attempts to further their own political agenda. On this blog, I share audio files of my own comments at BOE meetings. Furthermore, I provide accurate information regarding some of the key issues of discussion. I would like to thank my good friend and fellow Springboro resident, Tracey Kramer, for bringing the Springboro BOE's actions to my attention!

*Note: While I refer to the BOE as one entity, please recognize that not every member engages in such tactics.

Contact: patelnhpblog@gmail.com

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Controversial Issues: An Unconstitutional and Illogical Path



Here's a re-recording of my speech addressing the Controversial Issues Policy at the June 4, 2013 Springboro BOE meeting. The speech is the same one I gave at the meeting, but this isn't the original recording. The speech focuses on the many inherent concerns I have about the proposed revisions to the policy.

No comments:

Post a Comment